Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Let's get caught up!

Hello everyone!  Ok, so I have been busted - and I am appreciative for it!  I have had several thoughtful souls give me a little nudge to get back in action on the blog!  I blame the Iphone :)  Seriously, I love it but I have not been downloading pictures like I used to and therefore not putting pictures on the blog...which is not making me feel too happy!  I don't want to let too much more time slip by, and as I sit here in the jury selection room with my day passing by, what better time to figure this out and get back to my blogger ways :)

In the process of reviewing pics to post - I realized how quickly the boys are growing, even from Feb. until now.  They say 1 week in a baby/toddler's life is like a month, so I guess that is true :)  Regardless, we have been having wonderful times these last several months and I will do my best to get back on track through some pics I have on my phone.  There are many others from our Florida trip that G'ma Anne sent us that I may attempt to add later. 

My goal from this point forward is a once monthly update and  I will do my best to commit to that... Thanks for your patience with me and also giving me a loving pat on the behind to get things caught up and keep the pics and stories a flowing. You better believe they are always shaking down here with Trev at 20 months old and Brett nearing 4 years old at the end of the month. 
Miss you all and happy start to summer. Love the Carlsbad V's

My parents were here for Memorial Day weekend and we also dedicated Trevor at Carlsbad Community Church! (where Brett and I went to AWANA for the school year, what an awesome experience that was for us both!)  We had a wonderful visit with G'ma Bon-Bon and G'pa Steve! 




Trevy up to his tricks - eating all the fruit that our neighbors set out for the kids - even a strawberry as big as him!  They are so sweet and juicy and in season here in CA :)  YUMMY!

I couldn't resist another pics of Trev with his two fist-fulls and mouth full of some awesome donuts from VG's bakery, a local favorite!
  
Brett was so "sweet" to smile for me to take this pic for his Evite for his b-day party, which is on 6/23. We are having donut/milk/coffee and fruit breakfast party at the park.  My sister and bro in law will be in town with cousins Luke and Will!  How fun!
Brett has really been into doing puzzles and we have had fun doing this floor puzzle together :)  Thumbs up for him doing it all by himself!  Thumbs down on how far Missouri, Ohio and Florida are from CA.  Now he can really see the distance...
We went to Palm Springs in early May for our anniversary - the first two days was a girls trip with my neighborhood friends and the next two days Josh and the boys met up with me.  I had two totally different vacations - lay by the pool and chat with gals then, splash in the pool and actually go under the water!!  HA!
Legoland is always a hit!  The boys love it and we literally live 10 mins. away...too awesome for a fun afternoon or morning.  The waterpark should be great for some summer splashing around without the mixture of sand if we're feeling lazy!

Brett and G'ma Bon-Bon went fishing at Legoland!  She even brought the boys a mini-version of this game to give them over their visit.  Too fitting!  GO FISH :)


G'pa Jeff and Trev checking out his heifer at the ranch when we went to Florida over spring break, Josh's b-day and Easter.  Great visit and got to see lots of family and friends!


It's like a sick obsession with me and taking pics of Trevy eating - it truly brings him joy! Ironically, as I write this, he is on hiatus right now but he must have recently gone through a growth spurt.  He's huge!

A short lived but amazing moment on the flight back from Florida!~  Those flights were both equally brutal!  Not easy flying with a non domesticated honey badger!!  How sweet he is sleeping, though.  My theory was to dress them both as cute at possible to help ease the blow of crazy Trevy!


Siesta Key - we had a great time the last day of our Florida trip making a day trip to a new beach a bit away from Uncle Justin's house.  How gorgeous the day was and how "cornstarchy" the sand was...  More pics to post later of the vacation.  We got to spend time at Justin's house and G'ma Anne was there with cousin Jase for a special visit to pick up Great Grandma Balmer from her snow bird stint! 
One of the afternoons at G'pa Jeff's ranch, we went to a nearby quarry to fish!  Brett loved it and caught the biggest fish!  Truly my fish was the size of a anchovy :(  Crazy enough we actually caught a baby alligator on a kids fishing pole line!  It was insane and so memorable!  Quite a whale tale to tell too :)  Josh, Brett, G'pa Jeff and I can vouch for it.  Trev was trying to jump in to swim with it at that point, I think!

Now there is one happy kid!  Love this pic - I think Josh and I both have it as our screen saver!  Brett was having a great time getting dirty and being a ranch hand at Vermillion Farms!

We have this same pic of Brett almost 3 years ago!  My time flies!  Too funny to see Trevy on the Black Angus and later he was going up to it and kissing it with that open mouthed kiss of his!

One last pic for a laugh or two!  Is that rash guard perfect or what?!  Ornery Trevy!  We got to go to the beach on Memorial Day with my parents and a bunch of friends...not too much May Gray or June Gloom this year :)  Trevor absolutely loved it - one may say, "he ate it up" and had sand everywhere for many days following!  Loving the summer vibe in the air :)








2 comments:

  1. Good job...nice to catch up. Love to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back...can't wait to see you in a couple weeks. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete