Tuesday, May 3, 2011

5 years and counting - Happy Anniversary to Mommy and Daddy!

Being that my posts are so hit or miss these days, I thought I would send a little shout out to my husband...and to our marital bliss of 5 years coming this Friday 5/6/11. I am so thrilled to say that I could not be happier with the husband I chose and the life we have together. I will never forget being asked by a good friend when dating Josh, "how does he treat you?" and "how good of a dad do you think he will be?" How profound of her! In 2004, I was able to answer both of those positively with conviction and hopefulness. Now, 7 years later - 5 of them married, 3 of them with kid(s), I KNOW that I could not have dreamt of a better man to call my partner in life and partner in parenthood! I love you Josh and happy 5 years! We are excited to celebrate with a much needed night away from hard work, relentless duties and just the two of us - our friends helping by keeping the kids over night!
Wedding Day 5/6/06....the blond lives on! (hoping to get some highlights here in the next couple of weeks :)




Rehearsal Dinner with friends and family in town from Missouri, Ohio, Florida etc. for the wedding!




Signing the ceiling of KC BBQ (where Top Gun was filmed) the day after the wedding...hence the updo the morning after.




Some of the fun things we did before kids and try to do here and there since Brett and Trev have come into our lives....following the Buckeyes for Bowl Games and Big Football Games...




Brett's first birthday in Kauai - Hanalei Bay....





Pre-kids trip with Matt and Jen to Spain!




Spain once again...

Sailing trip to British Virgin Islands with friends in 2007 - we are on John's case to set another one up...Greece perhaps?! It was like camping on the water and seeing the most spectacular sapphire blue ocean/more pristine beaches right under your feet and nose. We had an amazing time!






Regardless of whether we are able to travel right now (work/kids/$) or even want to, we are so blessed to have so much here at our fingertips in San Diego. We love our new house and all that we do close to home with the beach, running the trails behind our house/hiking etc. Josh and I are training for the Camp Pendleton Mud Run together to do with many of our friends on June 4th. We are traveling to Missouri next month to stay and spend time with G'ma and G'pa Basinger & meet my sister and Steve's twin boys Luke and Will and we're so excited for that. August, the Geiger/Vermillion's are coming here for a week vacation and we're renting a house in La Jolla. Then, right after G'ma Geiger and Great G'ma Balmer are staying at our house with the boys so we can go on a 5 day trip to Lanai! Good times at home and away. Life is great and we are so happy and so GRATEFUL!





Thanks for making me a happy mom, wife and best friend - happy anniversary honey :)





2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to a beautiful pair! God definitely knew you were meant for each other. You complement each other so well!!! There's nothing better than being married to your best friend...I can relate to that one!!! We wish you both tons of memories to come and lots of fun as you continue to add up the years together! May God continue to bless your marriage! We love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Becky- what a sweet sweet post! I got tears in my eyes...happy 5th anniversary! Love you guys and cant wait to see you soon and hold/meet that little Trev!!!

    ReplyDelete