Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hello, sorry it has been awhile...what a great month or so it has been. But, it has surely flown by! Brett is getting more and more ornery and just so fun to spend time with! He has quite the personality - saying hi to everyone, loving "garbage trucks" and all sorts of balls, which he won't put down when we go to playgrounds. Gotta love the one-handed coordination that he is learning, which nearly gives me a heart-attack each time he goes sky-high on the jungle gym.

I am approaching 20 weeks pregnant and am amazed at how I have hardly had a moment to think about which week I am in and of course, no time for post- work naps :) There is no way that fits into Brett's agenda! We have the big ultrasound on Monday and we will be making sure they don't spoil the surprise. I hope to get more pics that show the little one to post afterwards. I am feeling great and not really showing too much yet....but I can definitely feel that little one inside having his/her own little party....probably getting ready to try to hang with "wild-man" Brett!

And in other news...we have found a house we absolutely love.....the inspection is on Friday and we hope it passes with flying colors. There are so many great features about it that fit us perfectly and we can't wait to make the move in about a month. This will give us plenty of time to get settled before #2 arrives and rocks our world! It's on a cul-de-sac in a wonderful family-friendly neighborhood close by to two sets of friends with kids and Legoland as well! Here's a pic of the front and we will have more to come....



Here is Brett loving some chocolate pudding that he has chosen to attempt to suction out of the cup. Didn't go so well...

He is enjoying his smoothie that mommy made him....of course, he can do it all by himself until a big chunk lands in his face :)
Brett has a thing for shoes. He points out everyone's shoes at the playgrounds, tries to return them to the owner's if they have been taken off. I think it's because we don't wear shoes on our carpet and they are always laying around in our house. He looks pretty cute in my flats, wouldn't ya say?!



In early April, we made a quick trip out to Palm Springs to hike, play at the pool and attempt to relax. However, with an almost two year-old, there was no reading or laying by the pool! HA! Here we are hiking a great trail we were told about. Love the snow capped mountain in the background. The snow should be sticking around our high altitudes for another month or so with all the rain we had this season, pretty neat!


Brett officially gets out of his crib every morning and starts the day off with "gout auut" (got out) and "hi"! It's actually pretty awesome....he's always in a good mood and loves to look through our stairs to peek at us and make his presence known! I did not get one of those tents because of the sleigh bed - so we just adjust accordingly! Sometimes he even beats us up.....I prefer a cup of coffee first to be honest with you :)


Brett and his pile of blankets...he loves making those nests and forts with all of his blankets accumulated. It's pretty funny! We will have some fun times if the new house goes through - there is a loft that will be a big play room for us.....blankets and pillows a plenty!



Again, another "I can do it" moment. He loves apples and wants to eat them like we do....peels and right off the core! Saves me some work but he hardly eats much of it, so I end up eating a goobery apple in the end!



Brett got a hair cut this past weekend and I have had trouble getting him to sit still for a pic. This is just an idea of how it looks - a little more high and tight! He looks more and more like Josh with every day and every haircut!


My boss was in town a few weeks ago to evaluate me teaching a class to agents. We all went out to dinner afterwards with her husband and daughter Izzie, who is a doll! She has the best hair for an 18 month old! Brett and Izzie had fun playing...Brett not so much trying to sit still at the table. Not a shocker one bit!



Here they are at the arcade area....like Brett knows what he is doing?! He is a little pistol and sometimes even gets that finger out and points and gives directions to people. Hilarious....at least until we can understand him and I may have to put the hammer down on that one!


His hair grows so fast and so long. Thought it would be funny to make it into devil horns....go Arlington Red Devils. Actually, I bet he was being a bit of one that night...


Oh the wonderful times with daddy and fort making! Does he just look happy as a clam or what!? Even though there are tough moments with him, especially at this age, we are having the time of our lives learning from him - smiling and laughing and just taking it all in. These days go so fast and they will be gone way too quickly. Can't wait to be in a house together as a family and keep making awesome memories....gratefully, with a little more space for all the playing Brett loves to do and in anxious anticipation for #2.

Love you all and hope spring is going great so far! More pics and info to come sooner this time, I promise!














1 comment:

  1. The pics are awesome. Brett is such a handsome little guy! Love him to pieces! Wish I could reach out and give him a big squeeze and plant some Gramma kisses!!! We are so looking forward to getting out to see your new house! Hopefully all goes well with the inspections, etc. Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete